KCAA West Sound Agritourism Workshop
Cultivating Tourists on the Farm
Hosted by Kitsap Community & Agricultural Alliance
The Kitsap Community & Agriculture Alliance (KCAA) invites you to participate in a special West Sound Agritourism Workshop, an event to initiate the Kitsap Peninsula as a destination to West Sound small farm, nature and other outdoor activities. KCAA believes small farms & gardens, nature & environmental groups, lodging facilities (including Bed & Breakfasts), and other value added producers would benefit greatly from sponsorship and participation in this event. For more information on sponsorship opportunities please click here.
When: February 22nd, 2014 from 8:30am – 4:00pm (Lunch provided)
Where: Bremerton Boys & Girls Club (3102 Wheaton Way, Bremerton, WA 98310)
- $25 General Admission
- $20 KCAA Members (Special code sent to members via email – contact KCAA for more info)
- $10 for Students & Interns – must enter Intern/Student at check out for special pricing. Please bring student ID/Verification to workshop.
Workshop Sessions include:
- Agritourism – “Cultivating Tourists on the Farm” an overview introduction with Curtis Beus, Director of Okanogan County WSU Extension. Learn about agritourism risks & management, liability, zoning, food safety, fire codes, marketing agritourism operations and agritourism regions.
- Agritourism Asset Mapping
- Agritourism Issues – Agritourism in the West Sound, facilitated by Curtis Beus & Julia Zander. This will be an open discussion with audience, West Sound agritourism operators, suppliers, insurance agents & local officials responding to topics covered earlier in the day.
- Increase knowledge about small agriculture’s place & contribution to a sustainable West Sound regional food system & the local economy.
- Increase knowledge of attendees about current & new agritourism enterprises including opportunities, regulations, liabilities, and marketing.
- Small Ag questionnaire & opinion survey results.
- Asset map of current and planned agritourism activities.